It has been a LONG time since we posted. We've had an extremely busy and fun summer. The house is coming along and definitely feels like home. We've welcomed a new addition to our family! Her name is Belle and she is a 10 week old golden retriever puppy. We got her from a breeder in Chelsea, Iowa. She had 8 brothers and sisters and they were all so adorable it was hard to choose. We picked Belle because she seemed to have the calmest temperament. Although she's calm most of the time, she is still a puppy and has her moments :) And she is growing like a weed!!
Over the summer we have worked a lot, spent some great times in Okoboji at the Anderson lake house and on the boat, grilled a lot and at lots of sweet corn, went to the Iowa State Fair, Iowa Cubs games, weddings and just enjoyed the great weather with friends and family. We had a lot of storms and rain but we were very fortunate to live on the top of a hill and we had no water in our crawl space!! Unfortunately there are many friends and family we know who did not have the same luck and it has been a tiresome summer for some! Following are some photos from the summer:| National Balloon Festival July 2010 |
| Aunt Kathy's Birthday 6/26 |
| Kyle and Michael's Birthday Hessen Haus 6/7/10 |
| Nicki and I on the boat in Boji July 2010 |
| Belle |
| Petter Wedding 6/5/10 |
| Cedar Falls girls together again! Megan's Bachelorette Party August 2010 |
Another exciting event from this summer was that I cut 13 inches off my hair and donated it to Locks of Love. This was a big moment for me as we know I had lost my hair when I was a sophomore in high school due to alopecia and had to wear a wig. It was such a triumph for me to have 13 inches of real hair to spare and donate to people struggling with the same issues I struggled with. I love the shorter hair and plan to keep it this way for a while!
| Before |
No comments:
Post a Comment