Thursday, November 17, 2011

Our November

We haven't updated since right after Halloween!  Here's what we've been up to the past couple weeks:
*We went to LeMars for the weekend to spend time with Kyle's parents.  We got together with our friends, the Peters, and went bowling.  Kyle and Carl went pheasant hunting on Saturday and Sunday; Kyle got a pheasant both days.  I helped Carol do some cooking and canning and had a nice relaxing weekend!  We also stopped by to see Kyle's Grandpa Les.

Kyle won this awesome shirt at Sweet Sixteen Lanes where we were by far the oldest group there :)




Delicious Salsa!
Apples for canned apple pie filling 
I loved this!  I have to get one!

*I had a night out with some girls from school.  We went to Dos Rios for dinner and margaritas then to see the musical Wicked!  This was my first time seeing Wicked and I absolutely loved it.  The set, costumes, singing and story were all so amazing!  I have to read the book now!  Unfortunately we didn't get a group shot, but I did get one of our guacamole being made table side at Dos Rios!

*We helped my dad celebrate his 51st birthday!  We went out to dinner to Old Chicago and spent the evening playing Trivial Pursuit (Dad's favorite which he of course won) and having chocolate pie-yum!
Happy Birthday Dad!


Cheers to Dad's bday!


*Kyle got Veteran's Day off so we spent an afternoon together in West Des Moines eating lunch and doing some shopping.  It was a great day!
Cheers to days off!
*I spent an afternoon in Ames with Whitney going to a friend's jewelry open house, getting coffee and going out to dinner at The Cafe.  Love their macaroni and cheese!

That about sums up the last few weeks in our neck of the woods.  We're looking forward to spending time with family next week for Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment