That's exactly what I got to do this last week and it was so great. It was break time for us year-rounders and I took full advantage. Rather than doing the boring stuff (cleaning the house, organizing closets, laundry etc.) that I should have done, I did pretty much just fun stuff. Tuesday I went to Ames with Beryl and we had lunch at Hickory Park, went to The Learning Post and Lemon Tree in Ankeny, shopped for furniture for Beryl's living room and just had a great afternoon! I would definitely recommend Lemon Tree to anyone! It is a self-serve yogurt shop where you pay by the ounce. There are lots of yummy flavors and toppings to add. I got the vanilla cheesecake yogurt with fruit topping-delish!
Wednesday, Kathy and I got to baking! We tried something new for us-cake balls. We've had them before and loved them and decided to give them a try. We got a little over-ambitious though. We wanted to try different cake flavors so we baked a white cake, chocolate cake and a spice cake. Come to find out, each cake would make 16 dozen cake balls. Woah! Needless to say, one cake just got frosted and eaten as a cake but we had a really fun afternoon! Next time I'm only doing one cake and dividing the work into different shifts!
 |
| Our first attempt at making "cake ghosts"-cake balls in the shape of a ghost. We should have followed the directions that said, "Stick with the round shape until you feel comfortable before taking on more intricate shapes." Whoops! |
 |
| We abandoned the ghost shape and stuck with the round shape-much easier! |
 |
| Cake pops! |
 |
| After all the cake balls/pops had been dipped, they needed decorated. Here we're piping the Frankenstein and Jack-O-Lantern faces |
 |
| Cheers to cake pops! Phew! |
 |
| Some of the final product! hehe |
Friday I met Whitney in Des Moines for lunch and shopping! We met at Palmer's Deli then headed to the mall-another fun day!
Saturday Kyle and I finally got the bikes out like we've been wanting to all fall. It was a gorgeous day on the bike trail! Belle had a good time too-she was leash free and loving it!
Sunday after church we went to Howell's Pumpkin Patch in Cumming with Meagan, Ryan and Cooper. We had a fun afternoon and brought home our pumpkins for the front step-can't wait to carve them!
 |
| Pumpkin washing! |
 |
| Kyle's little helper, Cooper |
 |
| 45 pounds of pumpkin! |
Looking forward to what this next week brings! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment