We had a fun-flled Memorial Day weekend! The Thursday before, I had my last day doing respite care with Hudson. I worked with Hudson for a whole year and will miss seeing him every week! He has made such amazing growth since I started last May and I can't wait to hear that he's said his first words because I just know it will happen soon! Here I am with my little buddy:
 |
| Say "Cheese" Hudson! |
On Friday, I got together with good friends at Meridith's house. We had yummy homemade grilled chicken kabobs and rice with brownies and ice cream for dessert-yum!! We had a great time talking and laughing and had a little photo session :)
 |
| Whitney, Meridith, me, Kally & Amanda |
 |
| This one was pretty good, Piper is even looking! Except I look all alone on the end :p |
 |
| So we took another-Whitney and I weren't ready! |
 |
| There we go! |
 |
| Doing a little baby gender prediction-placing your wedding ring on a strand of hair, hang it over your belly and if it begins to circle it's a girl and if it swings back and forth it's a boy-mine did circles! |
 |
| Kally's swung back and forth!! Time will tell! |
On Saturday, we went to Red Rock Lake in Pella for a day of boating with Meagan, Ryan, Cooper and Paige. The weather was so warm and sunny, the water felt amazing and we had a great time out on the water! When we got home we all grilled out and enjoyed the beautiful evening.
 |
| With Paige |
 |
| Boating baby! |
 |
| Cooper in the tube |
On Sunday, we helped Liana celebrate her first birthday, lady bug style! She got lots of fun presents and enjoyed her cake with a little coaxing from Mom and Dad. Hard to believe she's 1 already!
 |
| With the birthday girl! |
 |
| We love balloons! |
 |
| With two of my favorite ladies! |
For Memorial Day on Monday, we smoked a beer butt chicken. YUM!! It smelled like Hickory Park at our house!! I had to take a picture haha
Later that week, Kathy and I got a little crafty. Our first project of the summer was to make curtains for our kitchen window. Window treatments are definitely something our house is lacking so it is nice to have one window checked off the list! Grand total for homemade curtains I found the idea for on Pinterest: $8.00! We had a fun time shopping for fabric, getting lunch and sewing, sewing sewing!
 |
| Ta-Da! They've been adjusted a little since this was taken-LOVE having kitchen curtains! |
This past weekend, we helped our nephew, Vinny, celebrate his first birthday! He and Liana were born 2 days apart-I can't believe it's been a whole year since we were visiting them both in the hospital!! Time sure flies!
 |
| Vinny's cake! White chocolate with raspberry filling-delish! |
 |
| Well, Vinny and I aren't ready but Kyle looks good :) |
 |
| Take 2! Happy birthday buddy!! |
 |
| Vinny & Uncle Kyle-he's getting maxed out on all the pictures! |
 |
| Vinny's birthday presents |
 |
| Sweet cousins playing together in the cooler |
 |
| The Anderson ladies! |
 |
| Opening birthday presents! |
The morning after Vinny's birthday party, we all went out for brunch at The Machine Shed. We've been wanting to try their brunch ever since we saw it featured on The Food Network. We didn't get the cinnamon rolls though-they sold out early! I guess we will have to go back earlier next time!
I also moved all my things out of my Irving classroom this weekend. It was a very bittersweet moment. I was very sad to leave Irving and the wonderful people I was blessed to work with my first year of teaching. I'm also looking forward to the next adventure of 1st grade. I got my class list and contract in the mail-it's official!! :)
Yay, so glad you blog everything! I love our photo sessions and pics from the parties! So fun and cool to see what you're up to!
ReplyDelete